Friday, December 28, 2007

Christmas Casualty

About 15 years ago, when Scott didn't have money for Christmas ornaments, he baked a batch of gingerbread men to hang on his tree. By the time we met, some of them were missing limbs, but they were still cute, so we used them. Every year, I put them away with the ornaments, and every year when we get them out again more of them seem to be missing parts. This year, I picked out one that was a little moldy (I think), but he looked better than the others and he was only missing his eyes. I hung him high on the tree where little hands couldn't reach. Then came Trouble Day.

Munchkin had a day last week when he just couldn't be good. Every time I turned my back, he did something he shouldn't. At one point, I was on the phone when my "mommy radar" went off, and, tired, I ignored it. When I got off the phone, I didn't notice anything out of place except for Munchkin's lego bin stuck under the tree. I moved the bin and didn't think anything of it until later when I saw this little guy. He was still on the tree where I put him, but, well, the picture tells the story. I called poison control and the guy laughed and said it happens all the time. Munchkin didn't even get the tummy ache he deserved!

No comments: