Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Polling all readers...

In my last "Local Meal" post, I mentioned that the challenge was officially over, unless someone decided to continue it. Well, the participants of the challenge are deciding whether to continue it for the rest of the winter. I'm trying to decide whether to join them. It gets harder to find local ingredients as the winter goes on and the winter farmers' market I found has now ended. What do you think? Should I go for it, or are you tired of "local meal" posts? Please vote! The poll will be open until Monday night. You can also tell me what you think in a comment. Thanks!

If anyone wants to join in, click here to go to the Urban Hennery website and read all about it!

3 comments:

Ed Bruske said...

I can't believe the "Dark Day" challenge is ending just as winter is really getting underway. Seems to me the whole point of the challenge is to see how we can source local food in the off season. I will be soldiering on.

Amy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Donna said...

Ed: I agree with you -- the "dark days" just started! Thanks for your comment. I enjoy your blog!

Amy: Thank you very much for the tips on where to find local produce -- I'll have to try those out! I'm sorry I had to delete your comment because it identified where I live. I guess it's obvious to those who live here, but hopefully not to those who don't.