Thursday, February 14, 2008

Dark Days: Local Truffles

Happy Valentine's Day!

In the spirit of the Dark Days challenge and to continue my Valentine tradition, I made Scott some "local" truffles. I have to fudge (ha ha) the definition of local ingredients a little, but it's for a worthy cause. I used chocolate made by a local company (next year I'll worry about where the cacoa beans came from), local cream, and I topped some of them with chopped up local walnuts. The light corn syrup was decidedly non-local!

Munchkin has had a really bad tummy bug this week. Yesterday, the poor kid could barely eat a spoonful of jello, but that didn't stop the lobbying. Don't know how many times I heard, "I feel much better, now. I want a truffle."

1 comment:

Chile said...

Beware the lure of truffles. I went crazy making 4 different kinds this year. Ate waaaay too many of them!