Wednesday, April 2, 2008

A boy and his earthworms

This morning as Munchkin and I spent time gardening, I uncovered lots of little wiggly earthworms. I gave them to Munchkin to put in his flower pot full of dirt. The comments were priceless.

"They’re sneaky... like the guys on Mission Impossible."

(Smack) "I gave them a kiss."

"They are my friends. I’m going to sing them a song."
("What song are you going to sing them?")
"I’m thinking... (singing) Three blind mice, three blind mice, three blind mice, three blind mice..."

4 comments:

CindyW said...

Oh, so cute. How old is he? My older girl is 5 and 1/2 and she loves all bugs and small critters - worms, snails, ladybugs, rolly-pollies, ground squirrels, gophers, you name it. I love gardening with my kids. They just look everything differently. I can't believe I just wrote that. Five years ago, I would have thought today's me was such a loser. Gardening? Gardening with kids? Boring. But here we are.

Donna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kale for sale said...

Too cute. I talk to my worms but only because I'm a lousy singer.

Donna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.