Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Happy Blogday to Me!

Today is the anniversary of my first blog post! Originally intended as a place to record the cute things Munchkin says and does (see my first post), my blog quickly grew to incorporate adventures in the kitchen and also book reviews. A significant step was when I joined Laura’s Dark Days of Winter Eat Local Challenge last October which challenged me to search out local food sources and then write about it every week.

I've loved having a place to express my opinions through my cooking posts and book reviews, but I've also loved reading through old "cute Munchkin" posts (104 and counting!) which would have been forgotten if I hadn't written them down. I know when Munchkin gets old enough, he’ll enjoy them, too. I hope he stays little enough to keep saying cute stuff for a long time!

I figured out how to keep stats on my blog last June, so I missed a few months, but it's still interesting...

Total visits during this past year: over 1750
(I find this number amazing, frankly, but just so you know, a blog is considered "small" if it has less than 2000 visitors/day!)

Total unique visitors this past year: over 670!
Total visits in June, 2007: 48
(Thanks Mom & Dad!)
Total visits in April, 2008, not counting today: 341
(Wow! Thanks everybody!)
Most visits on a single day: 20 on April 2

Countries represented: 40, including repeat visitors from the UK, Canada, Australia, Sweden and Greece!
States in the US represented: all but 4
States with the most visits: California, Oregon, Washington
States with no visits, yet: Maine, Delaware, Mississippi, Louisiana

Visitors that the stat counter can't figure out which state you're from: 346
(My best guess is that this represents people who have dial-up connections. If you're a visitor from one of the missing states, please let me know in a comment -- I’d love to count your state!)

Thanks so much to all my readers out there in blogland – you’ve helped keep this blog going for a whole year! It’s more fun to write when I know that somewhere out there somebody is reading. Thanks especially to all those who leave comments. I really appreciate it.

Finally, I’ll leave you with links to a few of my favorite "Cute Munchkin Stories" in no particular order...
Questions
A boy and his earthworms
This little piggy
Seattle
And my all-time favorite: What, no mute?

6 comments:

Kim said...

Congrats, Donna! I've enjoyed stopping by and being one of your visitors! Being part of the DDELC really helped me find a community of "regulars," too...

CindyW said...

Congratulations on your blog anniversary!

Joyce said...

I love your blog! Congratulations!

Donna said...

Thanks for reading, blogger buddies!

kale for sale said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Donna said...

Awww, shucks! Thanks, Kale. What a nice thing to say. I really enjoy your blog, too!