Wednesday, May 28, 2008

One local summer

Well, my locavore friends and enthusiasts, I've joined the "2008 One Local Summer" challenge! What that means is that through the summer I'll be posting weekly about a meal we've had using local ingredients. The challenge rules say that all the ingredients have to come from a 100-mile radius except oil, salt, pepper and spices. I'm going to have to relax that requirement and say that the meal will feature local (Oregon) ingredients or if not local, then homemade. It was either that, or not do the challenge, and I wanted to do the challenge! I'm going to try to include more pictures as I recently bought a new toy (I mean digital camera!)

The challenge officially begins June 1 and recaps will be posted at the challenge address on Tuesdays beginning June 10, if anybody wants to check in. It's really fun to see what everybody else is cooking up.

2 comments:

Green Bean said...

So glad you joined, Donna! It'll be fun. :)

Donna said...

I'm looking forward to it!