Sunday, June 1, 2008

With apologies to Johnny Cash

Using only one roll of blue tape, Munchkin has plastered the house multiple times. Before we peel all the little pieces off of the floor, I was inspired by Johnny Cash's "I've Been Everywhere." Sorry there's no music, but if you can hear the music in your head, here's the words...

Blue Tape Everywhere

I was totin’ my son to see local construction sites,
When along came a painter with a whole bunch of supplies,
"If you’d like to see the job, boy, with me you can come."
And so we put on hard hats and promised to keep mum.
He asked me if I’d ever seen a site that’s so much work to mask.
And I said, "Listen, son Munchkin loves to prep. Don’t even ask!"

Blue tape everywhere, man
Blue tape everywhere, man
Blue tape in my hair, man
There’s blue tape over there, man
Munchkin’s had his share, man
Blue tape everywhere.

It’s in the:
Bedroom, living room, bathroom and on the walls,
Laundry room, Munchkin’s room, our back room and down the halls,
Front yard, back yard, in the driveway, on the car
Here and there, near and far, gave some to the doctor
Kitchen, Lego bin, in the den, on socks and mittens,
Cabinets, on the desk, it’s a mess and I’m not kiddin’.

Blue tape everywhere, man
Blue tape everywhere, man
Blue tape in my hair, man
There’s blue tape over there, man
Munchkin’s had his share, man
Blue tape everywhere.

It’s on the:
Wall board, floor board, head board, I’m getting bored!
On the floor, out the door, to the store to buy some more.
Blue molding, blue clothing, blue ceiling, trampoline,
Lego zoo, on my shoe, Tigger, Pooh, I’m gonna scream!
Shirt’s ‘n pants, blue houseplants, elephants but not the ants,
Grandma’s house, house on mouse, "Hop on Pop," make it stop!

Blue tape everywhere, man
Blue tape everywhere, man
Blue tape in my hair, man
There’s blue tape over there, man
Munchkin’s had his share, man
Blue tape everywhere.

4 comments:

CindyW said...

How long does it take you to peel the tape off? Or do you just no bother? :)

Donna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kale for sale said...

He's getting really good with that tape. What a great idea to give him a roll.

Donna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.