Monday, July 7, 2008

Monkey see, monkey do

We have a new favorite book in our house called, "Jamberry," by Bruce Degen. Filled with cute little rhymes (One berry, two berry, pick me a blueberry) and even cuter pictures, it tells the adventures of a boy, a bear, and a whole lot of berries. If you have kids under the age of about 8, I highly recommend it.

This morning I took Munchkin blueberry picking. He had his own little basket, and when I paid for the berries at the farm stand, the lady put Munchkin's berries into his own little bag. (If anyone's wondering, yes, a 3-year-old can eat a whole pint of blueberries by himself. Maybe more.) Anyway, on the drive home I overheard Munchkin recite, "Hatberry, shoeberry, in my canoeberry!" My mommy radar went off just in time to see Munchkin, shoes off, trying to pour his little bag of blueberries into his sneaker.

8 comments:

Joyce said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Green Bean said...

Hilarous!! I'm so glad you guys liked Jamberry - even if it provided a bit too much inspiration. ;-)

Donna said...

Joyce: I remember that title from when I was a kid, although I can't remember the story. I'll have to check it out!

GB: Thanks for mentioning the book on your blog -- we've been having so much fun with it!

eco 'burban mom said...

Oh, so darn cute!! I need to get this book for my 4 year old. I am pretty sure the older ones are long past enjoying it, but they can read it to their little brother!

Donna said...

eco 'burban mom: Thanks for stopping by! We found a dozen copies of the book in our library so I bet you can find it easily.

Bugs and Brooms said...

I just put in a request for this book at our library! Since you and GB both recommend it, I am excited to pick it up in a few days! I am sure that my own preschooler will love it!!!

Donna said...

bugs and brooms: Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoy the book. I'm sure your daughter will!

Green Resolutions said...

Too cute! I just started reading this book to my son, and it is fun, isn't it?!