Friday, August 15, 2008

OLS #11: BLT on the go!

By the time you're probably reading this, I will be knee deep in packing for our vacation. Or maybe I've already left. :)

As I was thinking about writing this "Gone Camping" post, I realized I hadn't posted, or even thought about, our local meal this week. I've been swamped. But tonight's dinner is a clean-out-the-fridge-before-we-go meal and it's going to qualify! No picture, haven't even made dinner, yet, but the menu this evening is:

BLT Sandwiches: bacon from our pig, backyard lettuce, farmers' market tomato, non-local bread
Corn on the cob: Fresh from a local farm, served with local butter, non-local salt & pepper
Carrot sticks: Farmers market

Next week is going to be the interesting one for local eating, and I'm not sure how that's going to turn out! So check for me back online by 8/25. Also, I'm planning a fun new series of blog posts for the fall which I will introduce on Sunday, 8/31. I'll keep you in suspense til then...

2 comments:

Joyce said...

I love camping, but hate the packing part! Have fun!

Donna said...

Me, too. Thanks.