Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Why didn’t they think of that?

As Munchkin and I drove down the street, we passed a station wagon with a canoe strapped to the top. I asked Munchkin what he thought it was and he answered that it was a boat, so I told him the boat was called a canoe. Munchkin remembered from our recent vacation that he had seen Indians in a canoe out in the sound. He asked, "How do the Indians make it go?"

We discussed how to use paddles for rowing and then he asked, "How to they make it go on dry ground?" Amazed at his language skills, I told him that the Indians had to pick up the canoe and carry it. Munchkin wasn’t satisfied with my answer, so he thought a minute before he said, "They could use a forklift! A forklift would do it!"

2 comments:

Green Bean said...

Ahhh, he'll get along with my youngest. Always thinking of those construction vehicles. Cute.

Donna said...

It's a 3-year-old boy thing, isn't it! Although I have a feeling it lasts a lot longer than a year!