Wednesday, October 8, 2008

20 bucks

No, that's not a typo -- I know milk goats aren't bucks.

This week Munchkin and I went on a wonderful tour of a goat farm. Munchkin enjoyed climbing on the hay bales, climbing the fence, watching the tractor, and, oh yes, the goats! The lady from the farm was wonderful with kids, both children and goats!

So where do the 20 bucks come in? I bought some goat cheese from the farm and, since we were out in the country, I stopped at a farm stand I love but rarely get to visit.

For 20 bucks, I came home with:
18 farm fresh eggs
2 large tomatoes
3 huge green bell peppers
5 Yukon Gold potatoes
5 apples (wish I'd written down the variety since Scott loved them!)
1 package of herbed goat cheese
1/2 package of blueberry goat cheese
Unfortunately they used the last package of the blueberry cheese as the sample for the children, so they offered the leftovers to us since Munchkin loved it so much (what can I say, he's cute!) As the lady wrapped it up, someone else asked for a taste. Munchkin let out a wail when she took a large piece, but in his defense, he was pretty tired after running around the farm for two hours.

Watching Munchkin milk a goat: priceless.

4 comments:

Bugs and Brooms said...

How cute! And what a load for only $20!

Joyce said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joyce said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Donna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.