Saturday, October 11, 2008

Sunday Story: Bad news, good news

Well, faithful fans of the purple elephant Sunday story, the bad news is that I am cancelling the feature due to lack of interest. No one answered my plea last week to those who wanted the story to continue, so I'm not sure there's anyone out there reading! If you have been enjoying the story and wish it to continue, or your kids are crushed to not find out what happens, please leave a comment on this post and I'll try to make it up to you.

The good news is that I am very close to selecting an artist and so I plan to self-publish the book sometime in 2009. I'm very excited about that prospect! I'm sure I've got tons of work to do before the book becomes a reality, but it's fun.

If you read any of the posts, I thank you. I think maybe this just isn't a good venue for a chapter book. I could be depressed that no one likes my story, but I can't determine that anyone has even been reading! Some experiments work better than others.

4 comments:

Bugs and Brooms said...

Hey Donna - I had no idea what those posts were about since I only found your site a while back! And now I am disappointed that I didn't dig a little deeper to get the scoop! However, I am thrilled that you are going to turn those chapters into a book!! That is so wonderful and I can't wait for it to be published so I can get a copy for DD! Please keep us posted on your progress!!!

Donna said...

bugs: Sorry you missed it, but yes, I am going to get it published! I'm doing it myself, which is about the only way to publish a children's book nowadays, and I'm going to post more about it soon!

Anonymous said...

Rats, Donna! I hadn't checked the blog for a week or so, so missed your "let me know if you're reading it" plea! I was reading & planned to get the whole print out from the blog--so perhaps I could lean on you to make one of your published ones available when they come out?? Glad you're doing it! --Janet

kale for sale said...

It wasn't lack of interest you didn't hear from me. I haven't been getting around as much as I'd like and am only now seeing that the story is gone. That's what happens when I take things for granted. But I'm glad you've got an artist (from your later post) and are persuing the story. I'll be one of your first customers. I inherited a ton of kids when I married the cute guy.