Monday, November 10, 2008

Unspoken conversations are the funniest

After almost 12 years of marriage, I guess Scott and I know each other pretty well. Consider this evening's exchange. Nothing came before this -- this conversation was out of the blue.

Scott: Were you feeling stressed earlier today?
Me: That didn't take long!
And then we both cracked up.

Behind the scene: When Scott saw an open package of chocolate mint cookies in the snack cupboard, he remembered that they are my comfort food, so he asked if I was stressed. When he asked, I remembered that Scott snoops around on shopping days to find out what goodies I might have brought home. I bought the cookies this morning.

Sorry, locavore friends, I guess I fall off the wagon when I meet a chocolate mint. :)

2 comments:

Joyce said...

I don't see us all giving up chocolate anytime soon, Donna!

Donna said...

That's true. I think those of us who consider ourselves environmentalists will give up anything except chocolate or our laptops. :)