Monday, December 29, 2008

Exciting developments & new name

Exciting news on my Purple Elephant project -- I've approved sketches of the illustrations and am eagerly awaiting the color versions! In the next few weeks, I hope to share a preview. Stay tuned...

In anticipation of publishing my book, I'm also making a small change in my blog. For the sake of privacy, I've changed the blog name of my son to "Munchkin." It was either that, or publish my book under a pen name. Maybe I'll do both, but in any case, you'll now be reading "cute Munchkin stories." It's the same little boy and he still loves those tools. :) I'd ask that those of you who know his previous blog name please don't use the old name in your comments.

When I began this blog, I never dreamed that anybody except a few friends and family members would read it. Now, I get almost 500 hits every month, and growing. The average self-published book sells 150 copies, mostly to the author and friends of the author. Maybe that will be my luck, too, but this morning I learned that a friend of mine sold 60,000 copies of his most recent book! I have no idea how he did it, but believe me I intend to ask! I'd be thrilled with 10% of those sales numbers! Anyway, I have no idea how popular (or obscure) my book will be and what numbers of readers it will attract to my personal blog, so I decided to do what I should have done from the beginning and give my son a layer of anonymity.

It's been a royal pain to have to go back and edit about 300 posts since Blogger doesn't have a "search and replace" function (does it?). I also had to delete comments that mentioned Munchkin's name and I'm very sorry about that since I had to get rid of some really good ones by some of my best blogging buddies! As time consuming as it was to go back and read everything, it was really wonderful to reread all the comments. I'm so grateful to all of you who leave me comments as it makes blogging so much more fun. So please keep reading, and keep those comments coming! I appreciate them all!

5 comments:

kale for sale said...

I applaud your patience and am excited about the news of your book. What a great way to start the new year! My best to all of you.

Donna said...

It is a great way to start the new year! After the illustrations are done, I still have a lot of work left to do, but it's so exciting it's all worth it!

Amy said...

congratulations. keep us posted on the book!

Green Bean said...

Congrats, Donna. Looking forward to the book. How exciting. :)

Happy New Year to you, Munchkin and the hubby. A good way to get it going, I think.

Donna said...

Amy: Thanks, and I will definitely keep you posted! I can't wait to show off some of the illustrations!

gb: Happy New Year to you guys, too! Yes, it's a fun project to be working on!