Friday, January 23, 2009

Elephant update

It's been a slow week for blogging, but there's a reason. I had my "Purple Elephant" story edited by a professional children's book editor, and she gave me a lot of work to do (ouch!). But after I got over the initial shock, I realize that she had good suggestions and so I've been editing every evening.

Just today, I got an email from Kim, who is drawing the illustrations, and she's got them well underway. Maybe I'll get to see some more next week. :) In the meantime, here's a teaser: What's the purple elephant holding in his trunk?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A cookie, of course! Glad your book is coming along. I'm sure it will be worth all the effort. Here's to milk & cookies! --Janet

kale for sale said...

A chocolate chip cookie to be specific. Probably Nestle's without walnuts but extra chips. Are we right? Happy editing.

Donna said...

Yes, it's a cookie -- a cocoa cookie with chocolate chips in it, King Pop Cornelius's favorite type. I'm afraid it's made with neither Nestle's nor fair trade chocolate -- it didn't exist way back in fairytale land.

Thanks for playing!