Saturday, January 3, 2009

Happy New Year!

Better late than never, I thought I'd wish everyone a Happy New Year! We've been having fun taking time off, and I didn't get any great and grandiose New Years' post written. Instead, I'd like to highlight three blogs that I've started reading recently and are worth telling about.

Down---to---earth is a blog from "down under." It took me by surprise when I checked in partway through the day on New Years' Eve and there was already a January 1 post up. Then, I realized, it was already Jan. 1 in Australia! The author is a lady named Rhonda Jean and she has a wealth of information about leading a simpler life. I love her gentle style, her wisdom and her humility. This blog is quickly becoming one of my favorites and I'd encourage everyone to check it out!

Simple, Green, Frugal Coop, also from Australia, is a group blog with articles that cover all kinds of earth-friendly and simple living topics. I've also enjoyed browsing through the blogs of the contributors. Although some topics seem more relevant to me than others, I've found the posts to be very helpful and well-written. I never know what useful information I may come across! Here's a link to a recent post that I especially enjoyed. I definitely plan to try the author's homemade cracker recipe with the jar of local rosemary I received at Christmas. :)

Lastly is a blog from not just my hemisphere, but right here in the Willamette Valley in Oregon. Our Home Works, is a fine new addition to the blogosphere. Amy writes about local food issues, which of course is right up my alley. Through her blog, I recently learned about the Southern Willamette Valley Bean & Grain Project, which is an ongoing project to convert grass seed farmland in the Willamette Valley over to the production of beans and grains. I can't wait! I could recap what Amy reported about the project, but she did a great job so I'll just link to her post and you can read it for yourself if you're interested.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Thank you for including my blog in your post. I am glad that the bean & grain info was helpful :) Love the munchkin posts - they always make me laugh.

Donna said...

Enjoying your blog as well -- thanks for stopping by!