Thursday, February 19, 2009

Lion slippers

Somewhere, I picked up a pair of lion slippers. Then, for some reason, I mailed them to my grandmother. I don't remember why -- it was a long time ago. We often exchanged private little jokes. Anyway, months later, I recieved them back again, with a little stuffed baby lion in between. :) My grandmother has been gone for almost four years now, but I haven't been able to part with the slippers.

Yesterday afternoon Munchkin started playing "fireman." I say "started" because he's still at it. Anyway, when we told him to put away his toys before bedtime last night, he put all his fire stuff into his "locker," which looks a lot like his workbench. Anyway, Scott noticed my lion slippers in with the fire coat and hat so he asked, "Do firemen keep lion slippers in their lockers?"

Munchkin replied very matter of factly, "This one does."

No comments: