Friday, May 29, 2009

I try so hard to buy local healthy food...

But then Munchkin gets sick with a nasty little bug and I take him to the doctor. The doc says he'll be just fine if I follow her strict orders to not let him eat anything that's not on her list: bland white bread, rice crispies, white soda crackers, instant mashed potatoes, canned chicken broth, pedialite popsicles and maybe just a little white grape juice since I tell her he won't drink Gatorade. My husband summarized the menu as, "All the stuff you never buy!"

I'm happy to report that Munchkin is better now, and back to eating real food.

3 comments:

kale for sale said...

It doesn't make sense. At all. Go figure.

Donna said...

Actually, it does make sense just a little. All the foods she listed have virtually no fiber and almost no nutritional value. Apparently those foods are easier to digest since they contain almost nothing. There's a reason we usually avoid them. :)

kale for sale said...

Thank you. You can tell I've never had kids but I do remember eating saltines when I didn't feel good as a kid. And loved them. I'm glad he's feeling better.