Thursday, June 25, 2009

His father's son

The other day, Munchkin asked me why he doesn't have a toy roller truck. I answered, "I don't know if I've ever even seen a toy roller truck, but maybe you and Daddy can figure out how to make one."

Munchkin thought on this a minute and then he said, "We'll need a lathe."

Like father like son. But then, after thinking some more, Munchkin showed that he's his mother's son, too. He asked, "Is there anyone that we could borrow one from?"

That evening at dinner Munchkin told Scott, "I want to make a roller truck. We'll need to use a lathe two times because I want a double drum compactor."

2 comments:

dogear6 said...

Has Munchkin been hanging around with the contractors again??

I hope your family enjoys the posts. I'm not quite sure how I linked to you originally, but I certainly enjoy the family stories.

Nancy

Donna said...

dogear6: He'll be hanging around them soon -- I think we're going to have to get a backhoe into our backyard to solve a drainage problem!

Glad you enjoy the stories. :)