Friday, September 18, 2009

10 days

We sold our house today! Hard to believe, since we listed it on the 8th, but after multiple back-and-forths on the terms, we've got a signed contract. It's been only about 6 hours since we got the news, and already my son's & husband's stuff is back on the floor... Oh well, I'll enjoy not having to swap out towels a dozen times a day while we tried to pretend ours is a model home and not an actual dwelling. :)

So what's next? Well, besides the normal inspections, etc., we need to find ourselves a new house. Preferably before we need to get out of this one. I can't promise how often I'll be posting, but I'll be here.

7 comments:

kale for sale said...

Congratulations! It was probably the smell of all that garlic in the tomatoes prepared for the pasta. Are you looking for a house with garden space?

Joyce said...

Congratulations!! I'm sure the perfect house is waiting for you, with owners who will be thrilled to deal in this terrible market!

Donna said...

kale: Thanks! The buyer visited twice before writing the offer, and the garlic was on his 2nd visit, so draw your own conclusions. :) And yes, I'd love to have some garden space. What I'd really like is to have room for berries, grapes and fruit trees.

Joyce: Thanks! I don't know if "perfect" exists -- I'd settle for wonderful. :) Whatever it is, we've been looking all summer and haven't found it, yet. Hoping it will show up very soon!

Green Bean said...

Congratulations, Donna!!! So happy for you guys. :)

Virginia Knowles said...

About the towels -- a mom once prepared her house for a dinner party, and left a note on the hand towels in the bathroom so her family wouldn't use them. After the party, she found that she'd forgotten to remove the note, which said, "I will kill you if you use these towels." They were, of, course, untouched.

Heather @ SGF said...

Congratulations!

Donna said...

Virginia: That is toooo funny! Thanks for the laugh.

GB & Heather: Thanks!