Monday, February 8, 2010

Coming soon to a blogosphere near you...

Munchkin, age 5, announced tonight at dinner that he was planning his construction blog for when he gets big. He's going to have pictures of his building projects as they grow. The first picture will be of the excavator, the next of the workmen laying the foundation, etc. I can't remember it all, but he had the steps in approximately the right order. I suggested a web-cam, but he wants to do it with pictures. My best guess is that you should look for his blog sooner rather than later. He's probably launch it now, but he just learned how to write his name and he hasn't learned all the rest of his letters, yet.

4 comments:

Kale for Sale said...

Have you been showing him construction websites? I bet he'd love them. Architect's portfolios are fun too. You know he's going to be a world famous builder or architect. Or rock star. Something. He's got vision.

Donna said...

Drummer, probably. :) No, we haven't looked at any construction websites -- he's just got vision. Do you know a good link? I'm not sure I know quite what you mean.

Kale for Sale said...

I love looking at houses and visit construction websites simply by looking up the names of local builders online. Often in their portfolios they show the building process. Architects sometimes do too. Here's one - Redhorse in SF, go to portfolio/seminary. There's a crane, scaffolding. The munchkin should love it. (Just so you don't think I'm a total geek I study the photography too.) Maybe you guys should just build a house instead of buy one. What an education he would get then!

Donna said...

Thanks for the suggestion -- we'll have to check out those sites. Last summer Scott laughed at me when I suggested we build. We thought it would be so much work. Now, we're not quite so sure. :) Just in case, I'm keeping copies of interior house pictures that I really like.