Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Tooth Fairy deconstructed

It's been a while since I've posted! We're still house-hunting like crazy and who knows what else, but I've got a cute Munchkin story to share...

Munchkin hasn't lost any teeth, yet, but some of his friends have. The other day he was asking questions about it. After I explained how a tooth comes out, he wanted to know what happens next. I said that he would put the tooth under his pillow and then the Tooth Fairy would come and give him money for it. Naturally, Munchkin wanted to know how much?!!! I told him that I didn't know, but when I was little, the Tooth Fairy gave me a quarter.

Munchkin then wanted to know if it was the same Tooth Fairy. He thought about it a while and then said, "California (where he knows I grew up) is really big, and it's really far away, so I don't think the Tooth Fairy could get here in time. I bet it's a different Tooth Fairy."

Good thing, too, because my Tooth Fairy was really incompetent. :)

6 comments:

Kale for Sale said...

I was sure he was going to start talking about inflation and how the tooth fairy should leave him at least a couple of bucks.

Virginia Knowles said...

My teenagers are the tooth fairies in our house because they know from experience how incompetent our "official" one is...

Donna said...

kale: I'm sure that will come later. :)

Virginia: I love it! Of course, your tooth fairy has had an awful lot of work to do. :)

Jenna Schrock said...

Haha! Kids these days are full of curiousity. It's cute when he figured out that everyone has different tooth fairies! Haha! Maybe he doesn't want to receive just a quarter for his lost tooth. Smart kid! ;)

Calandra Janocha said...

This is hilarious! I bet he couldn't wait for his tooth to come out and get the reward from the tooth fairy. How did he deal with his first tooth loss? Was he contented with the payment of the tooth fairy?

donna said...

Calandra, thanks for visiting. Yes, Munchkin was thrilled with the big dollar coin the tooth fairy left for him. So thrilled, in fact, that no wiggly tooth has stood a chance in his mouth since that first one. He works and works with it until he gets it out.